Thursday, September 3, 2009

Books, nice weather and my allergies.

Today is a beautiful day with temps. in the low 70's. The sun is shining,a soft breeze is blowing and I think it's about a perfect day.I just back inside after taking a blanket out in the back yard.I found a good spot ,spread out my blanket and finished the last of one book and started another.
The book that I just finished is The Birthing House by Christopher Ransom. It is his 1st book and I really liked it. It's a horror story that is written very well.
It's about a young couple that move from Los Angeles in an attempt to save their marriage.They buy a Victorian mansion that was once a haven for unwed mothers called the Birthing House.It is a story of possession,sexual obsession and ultimately murder.I really liked the book and will be on the look out for Mr Ransom's next book.
The book that I just started is The Shack by William Young. It has been on the best seller list for awhile. One man said about this book,Finally! A guy-meets-God novel that has literary integrity and spiritual daring. Another said The Shack is a one of a kind invitation to journey to the very heart of God. I think it sounds very good.I have just started reading it and will post my thoughts on it when I finish the book.
I laid outside on my blanket reading for a hour or so and then started sneezing and sneezing and sneezing.I think I sneezed about 20 times.My eyes stared watering and I started to get sinus pressure.Time to come in and look for some Clartin,Benadrl or something for allergies.I don't know what is blooming outside to cause this but I am miserable.
The weather is really nice.I wish I could have stayed out longer.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My name is Kathy.I have 1 husband,3 Sons,2 daughters and 2 Grandkids, 2 dogs and 4 cats. Contact me at kats7960@gmail.com

Search This Blog

What is your favorite scary movie?

Followers